Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Weiß Schwarz
02-06-2010, 11:56 AM
RE: Weiß Schwarz
Much thanks, Will. Persona 4 seems good enough Big Grin

--------------------
Kyle Dohring - Prez W11, F09, S09, E-Comm W11, F10, S10, W09, VP S08, ERO S10, F08
[Image: Sigbar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2010, 02:54 PM
First post edited with rules, and misc. info.
If anyone sees anything out of place or things that should be added, please post.

--------------------
Back Flip to Victory!
"I'm going to start a Pho restaurant... and I shall call it Pho Gate."
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
[Image: Harobomb.gif]
02-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Another piece of terminology:
Remove: Remove the card from play into the memory area.

--------------------
Kyle Dohring - Prez W11, F09, S09, E-Comm W11, F10, S10, W09, VP S08, ERO S10, F08
02-19-2010, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 03:10 AM by Will.)
More edits:
Added a new link, which has some English card translations, as well as pictures of the cards they have translated.
Added names for the Trigger Check Symbols (besides the Weiss Schwarz Icon):
  • Tornado(Return): Select one enemy character and return it to your opponent's hand.
  • Money Bag(Gather): Stock the top card of your deck.
  • Doors(Pick Up): Return a Character Card in your Waiting Room to your hand.
  • Book(Draw): Draw a card from your deck.
Added a few tidbits to the Misc. Info section:
  • Remove: Remove the card from play into the Memory Area.
  • A player may call for an Encore any time a Character card is sent to the Waiting Room.
  • Change: automatic ability, comes into effect during the Encore step if the card in question is in rest mode - discard or clock (maybe stock too?) the card, and replace it with another card on the same border from your Waiting Room(this card will be listed in the ability).
  • Character Cards with 0 or less Power are sent directly to the Waiting Room. However, a negative Level value is okay, but I have no idea how that may occur.
  • Playing Characters onto the stage is not the same as placing them on borders. Certain abilities activate "when the card is played onto the stage", and this will not occur if the card is "placed onto a border" from a different ability. So, "playing" the card is not the same as "placing" it.
  • When you have declared a Frontal or Side Attack, and the defending character is removed from play due to an ability/effect, the attack remains a Frontal or Side Attack.
  • Deck Refreshing is always resolved last, after damage, or drawing cards. In other words, if you were to draw 2 cards but only had one left in your Deck, you would draw that one, refresh the Deck, draw the second, then Clock the top card of your Deck to complete the Deck refresh.
Attached the translation sets I have done for the Lucky Star, Fate/Stay, and Haruhi Trial Decks.
Something I'm still wondering about:
According to the official rules, the Damage Step occurs before the Battle Step - does this mean that no matter the result of the battle, whoever is attacked takes the damage? Doesn't really make sense to me, and if that is not the case, what about ties?
To quote the rule sheet I have: "A player who is attacked takes damage equal to the Soul Points of the attacking character."

--------------------
Back Flip to Victory!
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
02-19-2010, 10:06 AM
I guess it implies you still clock the opponent (attack with weaker character), but you lose your character and be open for a counter attack the next turn (giving opponent +1 to soul). Although it sounds very awkward, it does make it fair play for ppl who only stock low cards into the game.
*cough* 50 card prinny deck *cough*

--------------------
Gundam Mecha Martin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Hmm I guess that makes sense. That also makes the Prinny Squad Deck much more viable than I originally thought it would be XD

--------------------
Back Flip to Victory!
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
02-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Hi, i'm new in this TCG. nice to meet you all XD

I want to know, can we attack the back stage character, like doing frontal attack or side attack? >.>
02-20-2010, 09:24 AM
You can't do a frontal attack or side attack to characters on back stage. You can only do frontal or side attack to characters in the front stage.

--------------------
Gundam Mecha Martin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Note, a Side attack bypasses the character directly in front of yours, so it wouldn't matter anyway. Characters in the backstage are usually meant for support - they cannot attack, nor can they be attacked. They can however use abilities written on the card, for example: the continuous ability "Assist" on some cards only activates when the characters are in the back stage, and usually give some sort of Power boost.

--------------------
Back Flip to Victory!
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
02-20-2010, 06:25 PM
There are some cards of course that let you affect back line characters, however. I've always thought it was kinda strange that you couldn't clear them out, however. Gives someone time to set up an awesome combo and just leave it there without too much concern toward them getting discarded.

--------------------